SPACES// JOHANNESBURG ART GALLERY

Saturday, September 17, 2016

 On Thursday a friend and I made our way to Johhanesburg CBD to go visit the Johannesburg Art Gallery. This was my first time going to the gallery or a gallery for that matter. I've been meaning to do this for the longest time but something always came up. This gallery is huge and spacious. Had  a different exhibitions. They had paintings, sculptures, photographs, furniture amongst other things. I liked the diversity. I don't know much about art but I appreciate it and the people behind it. There were quite a number of interesting and thought provoking collections. The ones I found interesting were mainly surrounding black people and their struggles. The photos were so real. There was a series on Nyaope (a substance of abuse), one on black poverty and sculptures made by a man from Limpopo. I didn't take pictures of the art itself because I didn't know if I could.

I love how big it is and how different all the exhibitions are. I love the quirky little and big things they have in there. The big art work outside, the benches inside, the big windows, the room with black walls where people get to write whatever they want on the walls I enjoyed all of that.

If you ever want to visit a gallery, check out JAG

Details

Physical AddressCnr Klein and King George Streets, Joubert Park, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Emailjag@joburg.org.za
Phone Number+27 (0)11 725 3130
Websitefriendsofjag.org










You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thank U for this post. I will make my way there sometime

    ReplyDelete

really appreciate your comments!
love you and stay blessed

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

instagram

Subscribe