LET'S CATCH UP

Saturday, February 18, 2017




heeeeey! So let's play catch up. Right at this moment I am seating on the floor in a big bachelor room that I am renting here in Durban listening to Solange because it's the right thing to do. Yup I moved to Durban about 6 weeks ago to start my internship at a hospital pharmacy. The move, I thought, was going to be easy and flawless boy was I was wrong. Finding a place was a bit of a mission. I remember this one time after driving around Durban for a while looking for a place to call home for the one year I'll be here I just wanted to give up and go back home. I wondered why things were not easier and I have had quite a number of those moments after that and it's only February. This one time I actually told my colleague that I think I made a mistake by moving here. It felt like I had left absolutely everything I needed at home and have chosen to suffer here in a new place and at a hospital that has people that are ethnically different from me.

The first couple of weeks were tough. I often wondered how my life could have been if I had chosen to stay at home with family and familiarity. The fact that I only knew just about 3 people here didn't dawn on me until the second weekend when I felt like the walls were closing in and I wanted to go out and get some well deserved air. I reminded myself that I wanted to be here. That I made the decision and that I had to stick it through. I reminded myself that I have been through worse and nothing lasts forever. Next week will mark just about 2 months of me being in this place and things are a little bit better. I went out to eat alone for the first time here yesterday. It felt really good, empowering and shit. Been to the beach a couple of times and that really is my favourite thing about this city besides the fact that everybody seems so chilled and down to earth (well not everybody everybody).

ALSO...

I graduated in December. I enjoyed the whole ceremony. I was present and aware. The pride I felt when I put on that gown. walked on stage and got that damn degree was immeasurable. I was so happy inside. I was beaming with joy. It felt really good.

I don't miss joburg. Everyone was too cool an we all tried too hard. I do miss res though, the wifi, my friends and not adulting. I miss not adulting.

I still have a lot of living to do here though. I have a lot of things to tick of my list, a lot to go through and a lot to accomplish and to be quite honest I am really proud of myself (sometimes) for making it this far.

Thanks for reading

You Might Also Like

0 comments

really appreciate your comments!
love you and stay blessed

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

instagram

Subscribe